SWP-Group is a Microsoft Partner located in Ukraine that provides cost-effective professional services in MS Dynamics NAV all over the world. Our team of Navision professionals has more than 10 years of experience. Provision of technical services for ISVs is our key area of focus.
Based on our long experience in upgrading NAV to the latest versions, we found out that we wasted a lot of time (sometimes up to 70% of a project) on reporting on transformation activity. It was decided to automate this process and use for our internal needs. Since that time, many improvements have been made and realized in the Tool. Today, we would like to provide the NAV community with our new service- NAV Auto Report transformation (ART).
The Service helps us to make the report transformation development process much easier and faster. The result is that the most of manual operations is automated. The only thing the User left to do is to resolve conflicts, which are not supported by NAV 2017/2018 (e.g. Transfer Header/Footer).
“Skip Header GetData”/“Skip Footer GetData” - Allows to create Page Header texboxes with dynamic expressions (a standard SetData/GetData functionality is used in document type reports when specified options are disabled).
“Create Report Tablix” - Forces creation of tablix with appropriate groups using primary keys for tables, which are sourced from every particular dataitem, otherwise a rectangle with controls will be created.
“Add Static Header” - This feature allows to have first Header section controls from classic on the Page Header rdlc section after transformation. Built-in fields User!UserID and Globals!PageNumber is used while upgrading USERID and CurrReport.PAGENO values.
“Migrate Showoutput” - Allows to have a parsed sections code and additional Booleans created to set an appropriate Row Visibility in rdlc table. (Should be used only with “Create Report Tablix” selected).
OUTPUT AND RESULTS:
NAV Auto Report Transformation (ART) Service is a tool for conversion from Classic NAV Reports to RDLC design. It uses Standard NAV way of transformation report. A converted report does not require any additional setups in NAV, nor external automations, nor non-standard report designer extensions. NAV ART is working as an external Web service. To import a TXT file with converted reports to NAV is a maximum effort a developer need to do after ART Service.
Use this link Layout results Examples to know the way reports are transformed.
It requires developers to review a report in the NAV designer. RUN report with different options, filters and compare Classic and RDLC variant.
There is a set of unsupported features accepted by Microsoft that should be fixed/developed manually.
Then adjust groupings, remove minor or cosmetic bugs (additional modification for a document type report, GroupHeader/GroupFooter code redesign, etc.). Adjust code to a New NAV functionality.
Paper size should be adjusted manually;
- Upload a TXT file with report objects of Classic NAV.
- Upload Field/Keys data in XML format from target NAV database (version 2013R2+). User can download XMLport from web-service, which helps to export/prepare necessary information from Client database.
Do not forget to set transformation options to get good result.
As a result of the work, User can download a TXT file with converted RDLC designed reports for the target NAV (2013R2 +).
For more detailed information on how the Tool operates, please follow the link.
- Transferring a layout to a New RDLC style
- Formatting numbers, dates, fonts, styles to new RDLC standards.
- Refactoring Header/Footer sections to create RDLC header/footer.
- Deletion of unused variables for the transformed report.
- Shaping controls transformation with appropriate BorderWidth value.
To try it for free, please fill in registration form.
You will get an Email with instructions and links to start using report transformation.
The current service is supported by our development team. All issues/bugs will be fixed as quickly as possible.
ART service server uses the NA localization. Some language symbols may be corrupted due to specific localizations. Create a request to the support team to setup specific regional settings.
A RDLC result is presented “as is”. No additional/manual fixes are included in service fees.
In case if a transformed RDLC is imported with any errors to MS NAV 2013 or newer environment, or user gets a wrong RDLC compile error, SWP-Group fixes it manually and send the result to the account email.
TERMS OF USAGE:
Free usage allows you to transform one (1) report per time and a limited number of reports transformed per day (up to 3).
Full usage allows you to transform reports without limits.
- Report transformation from any classic NAV version to a native RDLC report format. In the output, you get a RDLC report with grouping and completed dataset. The result is ready for import to NAV without any restrictions. No licenses, no automations, DLLs or external libraries.
- 24/7 access and support. The Service is supported by our team. All issues/bugs are fixed as quickly as possible.
- No Restrictions on quantity. Any number of reports can be converted. From 1 to any number without a predefined timeframe.
- Useful for MS partners and ordinary freelancers. Anyone can use this service to convert NAV reports.
- Not required any installations on Dev environment. The Service operates as an external web resource. You just need to get your credentials and start transformation in any Web browser.
- 3-Clicks to complete. Import, Process than Export reports in a TXT format. Than Import to NAV. Multiple reports can be converted per time.
- Time is money. Regardless of the report complexity, you will have ready RDLC layout in 1 min and up to 80 % of manual work will be in the past.
- Price is per report. The price does not depend on the report complexity. It is very simple to calculate the cost, for this you just need to know the number of reports instead of unnecessary calculations based on the complexity of each report.
- Confidentiality. No text or fob objects are required from Client's database. Just use our xmlport to export object data from two system tables . No additional information about client or data.
- Up to 80% of monotonous mechanic routine work is now automated while upgrading the most complex reports.
- Free trial use. Try it and make sure that ART Service is the best choice for you and your business.
Features which are not currently supported by the transformation service:
- TransferHeader/TransferFooter sections transformation;
- Standard code redesign (document dimensions, kitting, excel buffer code);
- 2009 rdlc is not transformed to target. Classic structure is used for conversion